Financial Aid Services

Frequently Asked Questions about Financial Aid






Gordon Cooper Technology Center is approved to offer the following federal Title IV financial aid to those who qualify:

  •             FEDERAL PELL GRANT
  •             Oklahoma Promise

Note:   Gordon Cooper Technology Center does NOT participate in either the Federal Family Education Loan programs or the Direct Loan programs.  Students will not be able to obtain student loans from a bank to attend here.


Students who are enrolled as full-time or half time students in accredited* Career Majors, which are at least 600 clock hours in length, may apply for Title IV aid. (*A Career Major must be accredited for Title IV aid by the Oklahoma Board of Career and Technology Education.) To be eligible for Title IV federal financial aid, you must have a high school diploma or GED or provide an academic transcript to prove you were home schooled.
Applications may be submitted online at or by downloading the myStudentAid mobile app to your phone.

1st step apply for an FSA ID (If you have never applied for FAFSA on-line before.)
Keep your ID for future use. If you are required to include your parents’ income, one of your parents will also need an FSA ID, as that represents the electronic signature.

2nd step fill out the federal aid application (FAFSA)

3rd Use IRS Data Retrieval Tool to import your tax information from the IRS

If you have no access to a computer or phone, you may contact the U.S. Department of Education by calling toll-free 1-800-4FEDAID (1-800-433-3243). Ask them to mail you a paper FAFSA to your home address. (The US Dept. of Education will no longer send paper FAFSAs to schools).


You are encouraged to print a copy of your FAFSA information before you submit it and to also print the confirmation page after you have submitted your FAFSA-on-the-Web.

After submitting your application, you will receive to your email address, a Student Aid Report (SAR). If you do not have an email address, the SAR will be mailed to your home address. That is your copy to keep. If you entered Gordon Cooper Technology Center’s financial aid code on your FAFSA, the school will also receive a copy of the report. Your copy (and only your copy) will have a DRN number. If you should want to transfer schools, you may do so by using that DRN number.

After you are enrolled in an eligible course, you will receive an offer notification from Gordon Cooper Technology Center stating the amounts of financial aid (Pell and, possibly, OTAG) for which you are eligible or a letter stating that you are not eligible and listing other financial aid sources that may be available to you. 

If you are paying tuition/fees out of your federal Pell grant, tuition for each semester will be taken out of each disbursement. If you wish to purchase books/supplies or have other costs taken out of your Pell grant, we will need your permission in writing. Book Vouchers are available in the Financial Aid Office to use in the GCTC Bookstore. If there is money left over after tuition and books have been paid, the money will be disbursed to the student, by check, to be used for school-related expenses (such as gasoline to get back and forth to school and living expenses). Eligible students who apply for aid before enrollment will usually receive half their Pell grant money approximately 6-8 weeks after training begins.
If an agency will be paying your tuition, fees, etc., it is your responsibility to bring a letter from that agency to the financial aid office.

Application for OTAG is automatic with the FAFSA  if you indicate that you have resided in Oklahoma for more than a year, and you indicate any Oklahoma Career Tech or college in section 5 (where you enter the federal school codes). You must apply as soon as possible after October 1 to be considered for OTAG, as funds run out quickly.

Gordon Cooper Scholarship:
The GCTC Post-Secondary Student Scholarship is for students in the GCTC district who have graduated high school and plan to enroll in a GCTC program. Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible:
* Attended a public or private high school while living within the GCTC district OR
* Were home-schooled while living in the GCTC district AND
* Begin attendance prior to their 21st birthday
The scholarship will be worth up to $2100, towards any on campus GCTC program. It may only be used towards one program.
Apply Here:
Military Tuition Scholarship:
The GCTC Military Tuition Assistance Scholarship is for students currently living in the GCTC district who have served active duty in the U.S. Military and received honorable discharge.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible:
* Currently live within the GCTC district
* Can provide a copy of their DD14 or Certificate of Eligibility
* Accepted into an on campus program at GCTC
The scholarship will be worth up to $2100, towards any on campus GCTC program. It may only be used towards one program.
Students must maintain a "C" average and comply with GCTC's attendance policy in order to retain scholarship.
Apply Here: 

Tribal Grants and Awards – Check with your local tribal education office

WIOA – Check with The Oklahoma Workforce Office in your county.  The Shawnee office contact number is 405-275-7800.

Vocational Rehabilitation – Contact the Rehabilitative Services office in your county

Physician Manpower Nursing Student Assistance Program – LPN students who have been accepted into our LPN program will be given a scholarship application.

Information about our Title IV-accredited career majors and the gainful employment statistics for our former students can be found on our school website under at

Gordon Cooper Technology Center, in compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability or veteran status in any of its policies, practices or procedures. These equal opportunity provisions include, but are not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid and student services. Roger Farris, Neisha Haskins, and J. Lowden are compliance officers.
For more federal aid information you may contact:
Donna Barton
Financial Aid Coordinator 405-273-7493x2212

Financial Aid Forms