Full-Time Career Majors at Gordon Cooper Technology Center are comprehensive training programs designed to help you reach your career goals. Career Majors require students to attend school five days a week during the school year. Financial aid is available for those who qualify.
How to enroll
High School Students
Adult Applicants Read Below
We are excited about your interest in continuing your education at Gordon Cooper Technology Center. Most of our Career Majors begin in August; however there are often openings in January. A good match for you in your chosen field is important to all of us! To help with that decision, to identify strengths and weaknesses and to guide placement, we ask that you follow the steps outlined below.
To apply to one of our Career Majors, please follow the procedures outlined below. Not sure what you want to do when you grow up? No worries! Our application process will help you make that decision.
- For an Application Appointment please call Student Services, at (405) 273-7493 ext. 2264 or Assessment at (405) 273-7493 ext. 2259. During the application process, you will take a complete career interest, skills and values inventory along with the COMPASS Assessment for reading, mathematics, and writing. Study guides are available to help you prepare.
- Fill out an application for enrollment during your assessment.
- All applicants have the opportunity to meet with one of our career counselors following assessment, as time allows, or by scheduling an appointment.
- Enrollment begins in March. Complete the enrollment process early! Not everyone who applies for enrollment will be enrolled. Some instructors require a second interview. You will be notified if you are accepted.
- Late applicatants will be placed on a waiting list.
- Apply for federal financial aid on-line at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Application for financial aid should be completed prior to enrollments!
- Study helps available at: